Holiday Season Turkey Fryer Fires
Holidays are a time for family, friends, good cheer and of course delicious food. We, at SERVPRO of Bordentown, want to extend a Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours. We want to share a few friendly safety reminders when preparing that 25 pound turkey so that you don’t have a visit on that special day by your local fire or first aid squads nor us!
First and foremost, turkey fryers can easily start a fire – please make sure you use it outdoors and well away from your home!
Here are a few things to think about as you prepare that delicious holiday feast when deep frying your turkey:
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over spilling hot oil across a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause oil to spill over when the turkey is placed inside.
- A partially frozen turkey will cause hot oil to splatter.
- Turkey fryers can easily overheat and start a fire.
- The pot, lid and handles of a turkey fryer can get dangerously hot and cause burn injuries.
Once again, from our SERVPRO family to yours, have a wonderful and safe holiday!