5 Tips for Preventing Water Damage in Your Bordentown Township Building
There are numerous causes of water damage to your Bordentown Township building including:
Damaged or leaky plumbing/pipes
Faulty building foundation
Problems with HVAC efficiency
Sprinkler system defects
In order to prevent or mitigate water damage to your building, a preventative plan should be adopted and maintained focusing on the following:
- Create a Flood Monitoring System: Develop a flood warning system. Flooding can be caused by many reasons- melting snow; plumbing pipe failure; overflowing streams and rivers just to name a few.
- Get Enough Insurance Coverage for Your Property: Water damage insurance can be a big help if a flood damages your property.
- Conduct Water Damage Inspections Regularly: Prevention is cheaper than restoration. Call in professionals to inspect and conduct spot-checks, i.e. Humidity checks, etc.
- Invest in Facility Maintenance: You should check doors, windows, and gates annually for wear. The roof should be coated/treated every 5 years.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration: Hire a certified water damage restoration professional to mitigate the problem.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Bordentown/Pemberton are highly trained and certified water restoration experts. They are available 24/7, 365 days a year to address any water, fire or mold disaster in your building. Call 609-894-8555 to schedule an appointment.